FORS Vansmart Driver CPC
A one-day course developed specifically for drivers of commercial vans to raise professional standards and improve van safety on London’s roads. The course is for anyone who drives a van –as a professional driver or driving a van for any part of the working day. The course focuses on the skills needed to improve driver behaviour to operate safely, reducing the risk of vans being involved in collisions and enabling van drivers to share the road safety with other road users.
The course meets the requirements for the CLOCS Scheme, which is now being specified by many construction companies across the UK. These courses are Jaupt approved and can count towards 7 hours DCPC.
The course consists of two 3.5 hour modules (both delivered on the same day).
What will you learn from Van Smart?
- How to effectively plan and prepare for a journey
- How and why roads are changing to accommodate active travel, such as walking and cycling
- The hazards of the urban environment and how they can create distractions for drivers
- Who vulnerable road users are, and how they interact with traffic
- How to share the road safely with others
Benefits of attending Van Smart
- Equips commercial van drivers with the tools to operate safely in an urban environment
- Attendees receive a drivers’ handbook which provides information on how to operate safely and efficiently at all times
- Helps you comply with the law and meet contractual requirements for clients including Transport for London, and construction clients signed up to the CLOCS Standard
- Van Smart is Driver CPC accredited and endorsed by the DVSA
Course Duration & Delegate numbers
The Van Smart course is 7 hours of learning (split into two, 3.5-hour sessions) and can facilitate up to 24 people per course.
IMPORTANT: If drivers wish to have their details uploaded to the DSA website so its counts towards their 35 hours DCPC, then they need to ensure they bring £8.75 cash to cover the upload fee. You will need to notify the trainer on the day.
Please note: Lunch, refreshments and travel costs are not included.
IMPORTANT: Any driver attending the van smart course must have their identity checked by either a photo card driving licence, or a Driver Qualification Card (DQC). This will allow FBG Training to register the driver onto the Transport for London master database which confirms the driver has attended the course.
For a driver to be uploaded to the FORS/TfL register and/or be accredited with the Driver CPC hours they must complete the entire course.
This course contains content relevant to drivers that hold a vocational category C1, C, CE. The course content is not fully aligned to drivers with a vocational category D1, D, DE. The holder of these categories, however can attend and gain their 7hrs.
All bookings are subject to our Cancellation Policy and by registering for a course you are agreeing to its terms. Click here to read the Cancellation Policy